Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Target Conservatories & Windows Ltd, 96a Grindley Lane, Meir Heath, Stoke-on-Trent, ST3 7LP.
Who are we?
Target Windows is a family-run business based in Staffordshire, specialising in supplying quality double glazed windows and doors, uPVC windows, sash windows and bespoke conservatories. We also provide our expertise for a range of commercial projects. The registered address is 96A Grindley Lane, Meir Heath, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST3 7LP. The company number is 02715524.
What types of personal information do we collect and use?
When you make an enquiry with us, we’ll use your data for the reasons set out below and if you place an order, we’ll use it to inform the necessary tradespeople/organisations in order to complete the agreed work.
If you do not provide us with the data we need to carry out the contract (for example to deliver goods or services to you), we may not be able to carry out the work and may have to cancel the product or service you have ordered. If this happens, we will notify you in good time. You are free to change your mind and remove your consent at any time.
We’ll collect most of this personal data from you when you place an order with us, but some personal data may be collected from other sources. These are listed below.
The personal data we use may include:
Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. home address and address history, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers);
- We’ll tell you if you have a choice over providing some personal data, including if we ask for your consent to use it. Where we don’t give you a choice and it is not optional, you must give us your personal data so we can manage your contract.
What do we do with the information we gather?
- Internal record keeping – including updating where necessary.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
To send you marketing communications where we’ve asked for your consent to do so. You can opt out of these communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email marketing.
Sharing of your personal data
If the relevant data protection law allows, we may share your personal data with:
- Companies acting on our behalf and other people who help us provide our products and services;
- Companies and other persons providing services to us;
- Our legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors;
- Other organisations who use shared databases for income verification and affordability checks and to manage/collect money owed;
- Government bodies and agencies in the UK and overseas (e.g. HMRC who may in turn share it with relevant overseas tax authorities and with regulators e.g. the Prudential Regulation Authority, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office);
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice;
- ln an emergency or to otherwise protect your vital interests;
- To protect the security or integrity of our business operations,
- To other parties linked with your account e.g. guarantors and other people named on the original trading application,
- Should Target Windows Limited restructure or sell our business or its assets or have a merger or re-organisation;
- Market research organisations who help to improve our products or services;
- Payment systems (e.g. Visa or MasterCard) to operate your account and for regulatory purposes, to deal with transactions,
- Anyone else where we have your consent or where it is required by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information we may collect from you visiting our website
We may collect and use the following data about you: information you provide by filling in forms on our site, such as contact information, address information, enquiries about our services.
We may collect details of your visits to our site including: traffic data, location data, operating system, browser usage, IP address, page clicks and navigation and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence to better serve your customer journey.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to monitor returning users. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we use your information
We may use your information to:
- Help deal with enquiries about one of our services;
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Ensure content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond Target Windows for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
How you can access and update your information
Accuracy is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01782 398021.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. We may make a small charge for this service.
Security precautions to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
We do not take any payment information through our website. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Target Windows Limited – Employees
Employees’ personal data is kept safe, secure and up to date by Target Windows Limited and includes the following information:
- Date of birth
- Education and qualifications
- Work experience
- National Insurance number
- Tax code
- Details of any known disability
- Emergency contact details
Other information which Target Windows Limited will retain:
- Employment history with the organisation
- Employment terms and conditions (eg pay, hours of work, holidays, benefits, absence)
- Any accidents connected with work
- Any training undertaken
- Any disciplinary action
Target Windows Limited will inform their employees of the following:
- a) What records are kept and how they’re used
- b) The confidentiality of the records
- c) How these records can help with their training and development at work
If an employee asks to find out what data is kept on them, Target Windows Limited will have 40 days to provide a copy of the information. Should an employee leave Target Windows Limited they (the company) will not keep personal data of that employees any longer than is necessary and they will follow the rules on data protection.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
Target Windows Limited will provide individuals with information including: your purposes for processing their personal data, your retention periods for that personal data, and who it will be shared with. This is referred to as ‘privacy information’.
- The right of access
The right of access allows individuals to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing:
- a) confirmation that their data is being processed;
- b) access to their personal data; and
- c) other supplementary information – this largely corresponds to the information that should be provided in a privacy notice.
- The right to rectification
The GDPR includes a right for individuals to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
The GDPR introduces a right for individuals to have personal data erased. The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. Individuals can make a request for erasure verbally or in writing. Target Windows Limited then have one month to respond to a request. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing
Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, Target Windows Limited will be permitted to store the personal data, but not use it. An individual can make a request for restriction verbally or in writing. Target Windows Limited then have one calendar month to respond to a request.
- The right to data portability
The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
- The right to object
Individuals have the right to object to:
- Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- Direct marketing (including profiling); and
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Target Windows Limited can only carry out this type of decision-making where the decision is:
- necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract; or
- authorised by Union or Member state law applicable to the controller; or
- based on the individual’s explicit consent.
Target Windows Limited will identify whether any of your processing falls under Article 22 and, if so, make sure that you:
- give individuals information about the processing;
- introduce simple ways for them to request human intervention or challenge a decision;
- carry out regular checks to make sure that your systems are working as intended.
Review of this policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in May 2018.